1/1 Photo of Caribbean Chicken in Coconut Milk
The Flying Chef's Note:
Chicken in a coconut milk sauce served over rice. This dish is a very easy dish to prepare with a yummy flavour, my husband and my son love this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 800 g chicken breasts, sliced into strips (up to 1 kg)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chile, finely chopped
- 500 ml coconut milk
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- 350 g long grain rice
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan, cook chicken in batches until browned, remove from pan, set to one side. Wipe pan clean.
- 2Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in pan, add onion, garlic and chili. Cook until onion softens.
- 3Return chicken to pan, add coconut milk, saffron, stock, sugar and season with pepper, stir well. Simmer over medium low heat 20-25 Min's, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly and reduced.
- 4While chicken is simmering, boil the rice until tender, drain.
- 5To serve: Place rice on plate, spoon chicken over rice and sprinkle chives and parsley over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Chicken in Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.7
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.6 g
- Cholesterol 128.1 mg
- Sodium 438.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 51.4 g