Caribbean Chicken Curry With Rice and Peas
- Heat the oil in a medium size saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion, garlic and chilli. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins, or until sealed and lightly browned.
- Add the curry paste and cook for 1 min, add 3/4 of the coconut milk and simmer over a moderate heat for 20 minutes
- Stir in the mango and cilantro, and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- While the curry is cooking, prepare the rice and peas. Cook the rice as per pack instructions. Then, 5 mins before the end of cooking, add the coconut milk and red kidney beans.
- Drain and pile the rice onto individual plates, garnished with the scallions and top with the Caribbean chicken curry.