Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a quick and easy way to make chicken curry that's not too spicy. You can still adjust the spices to suit your tastes or add different vegetables. If you like a more tomato based gravy, add chopped tomatoes. I very often add sliced green beans to this dish.
- 1 chicken, skinned,washed and cut up
- 3 potatoes, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Heat about 2-3 tbsp oil in a big saucepan.
- Add onion.
- When golden brown, add curry powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Stir and add a cup of water a little at a time.
- Let the spices cook for about 5 minutes on med heat.
- Add chicken and stir with spices and onions.
- Cover and cook till almost done, adding a little water as necessary.
- (remember that chicken cooked this way gives out its own water too, so don't add too much.) Add potatoes, cover and cook till done.