Recipe by peachez
When we want to savour sweet memories from being down island, I make this for my DH.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 teaspoons cumin, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 3 cups defatted chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups white wine, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/4 inch julienne strips
- 1 orange, peeled,seeded,section and remove membranes,cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice concentrate
- cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with 1 1/2 Teaspoons cumin and 1/4 Teaspoon pepper, rub the seasonings on the chicken with your fingers and set aside In a large saute pan, heat to a low boil 2 Cups of broth, 1 Cup of wine, garlic and the remaining cumin and pepper Add the chicken, saute on both sides till done.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- drain broth.
- Add to the pan, the remaining broth, wine and bell peppers, saute over medium heat till peppers are tender- crisp.
- Remove peppers, placing on top of chicken.
- Add orange chunks and apple juice concentrate to pan and saute for about 1 minute, stirring to mix.
- Remove orange chunks, place over chicken and peppers.
- Simmer sauce to reduce and slightly thicken.
- Pour sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with rice.