1/1 Photo of Caribbean Chicken
This sauce has the perfect balance, thanks Sunny A. It's my favorite for drumsticks. I buy the big bulk packages of drumsticks and whip up this sauce. Marinating and basting options follow. I just baste as it cooks and it's delicious. Recipe is for 3 lbs. chicken wings. I use 12 big drumsticks and have no sauce left over.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 jalapenos or 1/2 habanero, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar or 1 tablespoon splenda brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1Combine jalapenos through scallions in a blender and puree. Add vinegar, lime, orange juice and blend until smooth.
- 2To Marinate: Place chicken in bag, add marinade, refrigerate for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken and bake. Meanwhile, boil marinade and reduce. Use the sauce to glaze the chicken.
- 3To Baste : Spray baking pan, salt and pepper drumsticks, baste on skin side up, cook for 10-15 min., flip, baste other side and continue until fully cooked. The crispy skin is so good.
- 4I cook drumsticks at 450 for 35-40 minutes and they crisp up well for me. If I want extra crispy I'll broil for a couple minutes too.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 678.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g