Recipe by Kim1
This is a wonderful marinade for chicken. IF you do not like the hot peppers you need not put them in.
Top Review by sommers
This is excellent!! We used only 1 pepper, it was just right for us. The lemon, honey and spices came together beautifuly! Thanks for a great recipe, will definitely make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skinless
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the first nine ingredients in a blender,cover and process until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl for basting,cover and refrigerate.Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag, Add chicken,seal bag and turn to coat, refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Coat grill rake with nonstick spray.
- Grill chicken,covered over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear,basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- I use boneless chicken breasts, they work better on the grill.Also make sure to use plastic gloves when cutting and seeding the hot peppers.