Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful marinade for chicken. IF you do not like the hot peppers you need not put them in.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, skinless
- Place the first nine ingredients in a blender,cover and process until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl for basting,cover and refrigerate.Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag, Add chicken,seal bag and turn to coat, refrigerate up to 6 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Coat grill rake with nonstick spray.
- Grill chicken,covered over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear,basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- I use boneless chicken breasts, they work better on the grill.Also make sure to use plastic gloves when cutting and seeding the hot peppers.
This is excellent!! We used only 1 pepper, it was just right for us. The lemon, honey and spices came together beautifuly! Thanks for a great recipe, will definitely make this again!
This was a very tasty tropical dish! It was raining here really bad so my broiler went to work! I have to say cooking it that way didn't seem to take away from the flavor, which was slightly sweet with a light pepperiness. Nothing to blow the roof off, for those worried about those peppers! If someone wanted things a bit hotter, they "might" toss in a few habaneros instead of the jalapenos, or maybe in addition to. That might set a little fire to someones socks! ;) For me, I just went ahead and added a few drops of habanero sauce to kick things up even more. For my daughter, she did the chicken with no peppers at all. Takes all kinds of people to make the world go 'round! Thanks for a great recipe!
This is an excellent dish, jalapenos just add mild flavor. We will make this often and can't wait to do iton the grill in the summer.