Recipe by KissKiss
Great island flavor - this recipe is perfect for the family who has coconut lovers and coconut haters. Since all servings are individually packaged, you can put coconut in as you choose.
Top Review by Mama Cee Jay
Vacation on a plate! Wonderful and interesting flavors. I prepared as a casserole and sealed with aluminum foil and baked at 375 F for about 40 minutes. When it was done I sliced the chicken pieces and placed on top of rice. I used hot paprika in the jerk seasoning and we used the hot sauce (Jamaica Hell Fire) to taste (because some like it HOT!) This was prepared for ZWT5.
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 15 ounces pineapple chunks in juice or 15 ounces crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 8 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 sheets aluminum foil
- nonstick cooking spray
Caribbean Jerk Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (use much more than this for hotter flavor)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (use less than this if using more hot sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- For the jerk seasoning, combine allspice, dried thyme leaves, paprika, hot pepper sauce, and vegetable oil in small bowl, mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or preheat grill to high.
- Spray the four foil pieces with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine hot rice, red pepper, coconut, pineapple, brown sugar, and lime juice (add coconut last if preparing packets for coconut-haters first).
- Put ¼ of the rice mixture in the center of each foil sheet.
- Rub Jerk Season over chicken breast halves, and place on top of rice mixture on foil sheets.
- Wrap and seal foil to form 4 packets.
- Bake 18-20 minutes on a cookie sheet in preheated oven or grill 18-20 minutes on high in covered grill.