Recipe by Mysterygirl
This recipe was originally named Caribbean Jerk Chicken. However it's not a true jerk chicken recipe. With the help of Toni who was kind enough to help me we have come up with a more appropriate name. Hope you enjoy it.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 500 g chicken fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree in blender lime juice, soy sauce, oil, hot pepper sauce, ginger, garlic, thyme, pepper, allspice and salt. Combine marinade with chicken in plastic food-storage bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight. Place oven rack in top position.
- Heat oven to 500°F:.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade. Pat dry.
- Arrange in roasting pan.
- Roast on top rack in 500°F: oven 25 minutes for breasts, 30 minutes for thighs and drumsticks, or until instant-read thermometer registers 170°F: without touching bone.