Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Source is National Cattlemen's Beef Association which was printed in the Dallas Morning News. Saving out of my stash so I don't lose but haven't tried yet.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- salt (optional)
- 1 large mango, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine beef and jerk seasoning in a large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 4 patties (3/4 in thick).
- Plate patties on grill over medium coals. Grill uncovered 13 - 15 minutes or until done, turning as needed.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing lightly. Serve salsa with burgers.