Recipe by alligirl
From Kraft Food and Family booklet; posted for ZWT 5.
Top Review by Susie D
I made so many changes, but had happy diners. Isn't that what counts? <br/>I made a half batch of the spice mix (minus the cayenne) and liberally applied it to country pork ribs. Then I cooked them on high in the crockpot. When tender they were removed, slathered with BBQ sauce, and glazed in the oven. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up (broiler or fryer)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar & hickory barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Trim and discard excess fat from chicken.
- Mix seasonings in small bowl until well blended; stir in lime juice to form paste.
- Rub evenly onto the chicken.
- Place chicken, skin side up, on grill; cover grill with lid.
- Grill 15 min.; turn over.
- Brush with 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce.
- Grill an additional 10 min.; turn over.
- Brush with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- Continue grilling 5 minute or until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 170°F or until juices run clear).