Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is a family recipe ,it is very easy to prepare.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- Place margarine in9x9x2 baking dish.
- Heatinoven at 375 degrees until melted.
- Rotate dish to coat bottom.
- Cut bananas crosswise into halves. Cuteach half lengthwise into halves.
- Place cut sides down into baking dish.
- Mix brown sugar,lemon juice, and allspice.
- Drizzle over bananas.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Heat rum until warm.
- Ignite and pour over bananas.
YUM. These were so easy to prep/cook. I served them over vanilla ice cream . Made for Newest Zaar Tag
Nice twist on Bananas Foster - loved the allspice in this. I just made one banana, and did it in a skillet as my oven is on the fritz. I cut the banana in half and then into diagonal pieces of about an inch. Spooned over real vanilla ice cream - delicious!
Great presentation & has a wonderful taste, too! I did, however, cut back on the rum, then poured the heated rum over the bananas before lighting it!! And, as the wicked cook indicated, the bananas are great served over ice cream! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]