1 hr 34 mins
1 hr 19 mins
A taste of the Caribbean in your own kitchen! Try this for a tasty treat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lemon, zest of, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 cups bananas, chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup ground pine nuts (or walnuts, almonds, pecans)
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- boiling water
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- 2Oil a 1 1/2 quart mold.
- 3Combine the lemon and orange zests, lemon and orange juices, ginger, and banana. Set aside.
- 4Place the eggs, brown sugar and pineapple juice in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- 5Add the milk and ground nuts and pulse a few more times.
- 6Spoon the nut mixture over the banana mixture.
- 7Add the melted margarine and mix well.
- 8Pour into the prepared mold.
- 9Place the mold in a large pan, and pour enough boiling water into the pan to reach halfway up the sides of the mold.
- 10Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 80 minutes.
- 11(You may have to add boiling water to the pan as the dessert bakes to keep it at the desired level.) Cool 20 to 30 minutes.
- 13Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Banana Treat!
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.1
- Calories from Fat 217
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 116.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of