Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This creamy salad is a cooling counterpoint to spicy "jerk" dishes. Greek yogurt works best because it is thicker.
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped (such as Walla Walla or Vidalia)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark brown sugar (to taste)
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (almost-ripe)
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- About 20 minutes before you’re ready serve, combine yogurt, onion, cilantro, mint, lime zest, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Gently stir in bananas and salt.
- Adjust seasoning with more brown sugar and/or salt, if desired.
This was quite good, however I did add more brown sugar than called for. I used cilantro from my garden, I used less than called for and felt it still was a little overpowering. Also, there was a lot of the sauce, probably could cut in 1/2. But with adjustments this is an interesting salad.