Recipe by AshK
A great summertime drink. Cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by White Rose Child
I tagged this when it didn't have any stars yet but I totally agree with Rita's 5 stars. Hint: if you use frozen fruit this is like mango ice cream!!! I basically halved it, using 1 1/2 frozen bananas and 1 cup mango chunks (had been frozen but defrosted overnight in the fridge). I used low-fat coconut milk- a little extra- and subbed agave nectar for honey. I had to try hard not to eat the whole batch! Tastes almost sinful but it's not at all! Will definetly make again!
- 3 medium bananas (about 1 lb.)
- 2 mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cube
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill the bananas and mangoes in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Peel and slice bananas and mangoes; place in a blender container.
- Add apple juice or coconut milk and honey. Cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through opening in lid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Makes 4 (8-ounce) servings.