Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A great summertime drink. Cook time includes chill time.
Make and share this Caribbean Banana Mango Smoothie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 medium bananas (about 1 lb.)
- 2 mangoes
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup ice cube
- Chill the bananas and mangoes in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Peel and slice bananas and mangoes; place in a blender container.
- Add apple juice or coconut milk and honey. Cover and blend until smooth.
- With blender running, add ice cubes, one at a time, through opening in lid.
- Blend until smooth.
- Makes 4 (8-ounce) servings.
I tagged this when it didn't have any stars yet but I totally agree with Rita's 5 stars. Hint: if you use frozen fruit this is like mango ice cream!!! I basically halved it, using 1 1/2 frozen bananas and 1 cup mango chunks (had been frozen but defrosted overnight in the fridge). I used low-fat coconut milk- a little extra- and subbed agave nectar for honey. I had to try hard not to eat the whole batch! Tastes almost sinful but it's not at all! Will definetly make again!
This is very good. Very thick how I made mine and my blender couldn't smooth it so I had to add more apple juice than called for. You can't really taste the apple juice, which is a good thing. I used frozen mango and no ice. It did not need the honey either. I would make this again.
I loved this little sip of the tropics. I made this as a single serving using frozen slices of mango and one tablespoon of coconut water (a lighter alternative to milk with the consistency of apple juice). Added a little extra as my brew was very thick and frosty -- more like a sorbet han a smoothie. Like Rita, I found this needed no additional sweetness I did not add the honey. Yummy.