Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have no idea where I got this recipe, but it has been in my files for awhile now and it looks YUMMY! I plan to try it soon.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup grated coconut, toasted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup grated coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, banana, yogurt and lime juice. Add salt, ginger and coconut. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to the wet mixture and mix until smooth. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until done. Cool for 10 minute.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum and lime juice in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly for about 5 minutes or until it becomes a thin syrup.
- Pour over the cooled loaf and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
I can solve the mystery for you - it is from the "Sundays at Moosewood Restaurant" cookbook, page 123-124. Full name is "Yellowman's Banana Lime Bread". It's a keeper for sure.
This is one of my favorite banana bread recipes! It is great for a change of pace from the typical banana bread. Thanks!
Enjoyed the flavour and texture of this bread very much..it's dense and moist with coconut overtones..used a Bundt pan just for fun.