Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 cups bananas, chunks
- 3 teaspoons liquid egg substitute, mixed with water
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 300°F, and oil a 1½ quart mould.
- Combine peels and juices with banana chunks and set aside.
- Place egg substitute mixture, sugar and pineapple juice in a food processor and pulse until blended.
- Add soy milk and bread crumbs and pulse a few more times.
- Spoon the mixture over banana mixture.
- Add margarine, mix well and pour into prepared mould.
- Place mould in a large pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the mould.
- Bake 1 hour 20 minutes, a knife inserted should come out clean.
- You may have to add more boiling water during the cooking time.
- Cool 20 to 30 minutes and then remove from the mould.
- Refrigerate 2 hours before serving.