Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posting for ZWT3. This is from George Foreman’s grilling cookbook. “Cook’s treat: Peel off the skin from the edges remaining on the mango pit. Standing over the sink, pull off the juicy flesh clinging to the pit with your teeth.” Yum!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons caribbean hot sauce
- 1 ripe mango
- 1⁄2 lime
- 4 buns, split and buttered
- red leaf lettuce
- Combine the beef, onion, nutmeg, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Divide into 4 patties.
- Slice the mango by standing it on its plump bottom and cutting down on either side as close to the pit as possible.
- Peel each side with a sharp paring knife and slice thinly lengthwise. Set aside on a plate and squeeze lime juice over the slices.
- The burgers will only take 3-4 minutes on the grill.
- Toast the buns. Line the bottom with a lettuce leaf and a slice of mango and place the burger on top.
- Serve with packaged plantain chips.