Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 mins
- 1 small broccoli (florets only)
- 1 red onions or 1 white onion, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup jalapeno-stuffed green olives (I get these at Trader Joe's) or 1 cup garlic-stuffed olives (I get these at Trader Joe's)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- Put sun dried tomatoes in hot water to rehydrate for 1 hour (or use the ones packed in oil).
- Boil the broccoli in salted water for 2 minutes, drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- Let broccoli cool.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss.
Good salad! I particularly liked the variety of veggies mixed with the low fat feta. I followed the recipe exactly as written, but I did feel that 1 whole red onion was a bit much for my taste. I ended up pulling about a palmful of the onion out before I tossed the salad. For my taste, I think that half of a red onion would have worked with the amount of broccoli florets and other ingredients. I also ended up using fresh basil leaves instead of the parsley, because that is what I had on hand.