Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
When I was in college, one of my best friend's moms used to send this zucchini bread to her in a care package at least once a semester. It quickly became a favorite! I know there are a lot of zucchini bread recipes out there but what I love about this one is the healthy addition of bran, the zing of the orange and that it isn't too sweet.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup kellogs all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, oil and egg.
- Stir in cereal, orange peel and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture, zucchini and nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a greased 10x6x2 glass dish for 35 mins OR in a bread pan for 45 minutes.