Recipe by sofie-a-toast
Delicious Scandanavian treat. Very easy to whip together and a nice change from the basic cookie. from sweet anna's. You can absolutely replace the coconut oil with a little more butter if you’d like… I just love the little hint that the coconut oil adds to the cookies.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut oil or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt & cardamom. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream together the butter, coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the flour mixture until just combined. Divide the dough in half and shape each half into a log (about 2 to 2 1/2 inches thick) and roll in plastic wrap or parchment. Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour (or overnight -- this would be a great place to freeze the dough logs for a future treat. Just thaw them overnight in the fridge and bake as usual!).
- When you're getting ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper. Take each roll out of the fridge, slice into rounds about 1/2" thick and place on the baking sheets about 1 inch apart.
- Bake until just barely golden brown on bottom, about 8-10 minutes.