Recipe by RecipeMonster
I make these often, we love to have this toast with our coffee in the morning.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 12 cardamom seeds, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add milk and beaten eggs and dry ingredients.
- Put into a 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes, do not underbake.
- When warm, cut into 1/2 inch strips,3 across.
- Toast in 300 degree oven on cookie sheets about 30 minutes on each side.