Recipe by Rita~
This scented Finnish recipe is spiced with cardamom and cinnamon. Made rich from the eggs, butter and sour cream. This is more a bread then a sweet cake. Enjoy it for breakfast or dessert with a nice cup of coffee or tea.
Top Review by Annacia
I have to give this a 5 star review. My single change was to use Splenda in place of the sugar. This has enough sweetness for good taste without being "sweet". If you have a real sweet tooth this recipe isn't for you. What I loved about it is that it tastes rich (3 eggs, butter and sour cream will do that *wink*). It has a lovely moist interior without being too heavy and the spice is a simple but real pleasure. This will certainly be made again. :D
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cardamom, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar together until creamy. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in sour cream and melted butter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, baking until done, about an hour.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and finish cooling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.