Recipe by Eliah
I've learned two new cuisines in my year so far spent in the South: Southern food, and Indian food. This brings them together.
Top Review by mailbelle
Made exactly as written, but couldn't really detect the flavor of the cardamom. Maybe it's too subtle for my tastebuds? Will try again and use more cardamom next time. The sweet tea was excellent though, so it still gets 5 stars! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.
- 1 gallon water
- 4 family-size tea bags (I recommend Luzianne)
- 10 -12 cardamom pods
- 25 g Splenda sugar substitute (or 200g sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring two quarts of water, with the cardamom pods, to boil in a pot.
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags.
- Cover and let steep five minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and the cardamom.
- Put the Splenda or sugar in a gallon pitcher and add the tea.
- Fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water, chill, and enjoy.