Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Source: Gourmet Magazine, February 2008 issue
- 354.88 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt, rounded
- 4.92 ml ground cardamom
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml mild honey
- 2 large eggs
- 44.37 ml unsalted butter, melted
- powdered sugar (garnish)
- Preheat a waffle iron until hot.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cardamom.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients in another bowl, then whisk into flour mixture until just combined.
- Lightly brush waffle iron with oil and cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
Enjoyed for our breakfast this morning! Moist and tender. Served with maple syrup but would be awesome with lingonberries. I thought the cardamom was strong but my cardamon is very fresh. I store pods in freezer, then remove husks and pound so maybe that is why I think I will reduce amount next time. Thank you very much for recipe.
Carsamom made a nice variation to our usual plai waffles. I'd like to try these gluten-free next time. Reviewed for July Recipe Swap in Aus/NZ Forum. My apologies for being so late with my review.
We don't have waffles a lot around here, so when I do serve them, most often I top my with some white corn syrup or a little strawberry preserves ~ For these great tasting breakfast treats it was the syrup (minus the powdered sugar)! Very much enjoyed the cardamom & sour cream in these & will be making them again, for sure! [Made & reviewed during the Family Picks part of ZWT6]