Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Old recipe, made in the family for years, very good!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 teaspoon cardamom (seed)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add well beaten eggs.
- Dissolve soda in cream, add to mixture.
- Shell cardamom seed(put in a cloth and pound fine or coffee grinder)add to other ings.
- Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat well, adding more flour if necessary to make a stiff batter.
- Drop by teaspoonful in greased pan, 1 inch apart.
- Bake in moderate(350 degrees)oven til brown( about 8 to 10 min). Good plain or with a simple powder sugar glaze drizzled over them.