Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Danish "sauce" is great accompaniment for beef roasts or for barbecued beef. This is more the consistency of mint "sauce" for lamb.
- Blend the water and the honey with the cardamom and place over medium-low heat. Bring to a siimer and cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Chop the mint leaves and add with the salt to the mixture. Simmer 2 minutes more. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve, add the port and mix well.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a little more wine and mix again.
- Pour into serving bowl and serve with sliced roast beef.