Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Individual rice puddings scentged with cardamom. These work great served with my scened cherries.
- 900 ml whole milk
- 50 g caster sugar
- 6 cardamom pods, split
- 1 peeled lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 150 g pudding rice
- Line four small bowls or ramekins with cling film and set aside.
- Heat the milk, sugar, cardamom, nutmeg and lemon zest in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add rice and cover. Simmer for 45 mins stirring occasionally. The milk should all be absorbed.
- Remove the cardamom pods and the rind.
- Spoon the mixture into the bowls and chill until firm.