1/1 Photo of Cardamom Prune Drop Scones
From "Biscuits to Scones" by Elizabeth Alston. She recommends cutting prunes with oiled knife or kitchen shears. Posted here for safekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2Put flour, soda, powder, salt and cardamom into large bowl, mix well.
- 3In another bowl, beat together sour cream, egg, lemon peel and sugar.
- 4Cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse sand.
- 5Add prunes to flour/butter and toss to distribute evenly.
- 6Add sour cream mixture and stir with a spoon until a sticky dough forms.
- 7Drop by 1/3 cupfuls of dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- 9Cool, loosely covered with a dish towel, on a wire rack.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Prune Drop Scones
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.9
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 240.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g