1 hr 10 mins
Traditional European Christmas cookie. Eat-em-by-the-handful. Bagged attractively they make nice gifts. But be sure to make enough for the family. They keep well in a cool place. Make an ice-cream bucketful of each kind, and you can enjoy them well into February.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar. Stir in vanilla or lemon juice.
- 2Sift together flour, cream of tartar, and cardamom.
- 3Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring well.
- 4Roll dough into snakes about the diameter of a dime, and freeze snakes on wax paper (They can remain in the freezer for several days, and you can bake cookies in batches when you have time.).
- 5When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
- 6Take one or two snakes out of the freezer at a time, and cut into 1/4-inch sections.
- 7Arrange on greased cookie sheet, and bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly brown.
- 8Cool and store in airtight container in a cool place.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Peppernuts
Serving Size: 1 (1470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1039.8
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 124.8 mg
- Sodium 418.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 42.0 g
- Protein 14.1 g