A simple and refreshing fruit salad from Armenia. From The Armenian Kitchen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 navel oranges (or whatever combination of oranges you like)
- 1 cup strawberry, washed, hulled and sliced (You can use your favorite berry in this)
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey (amount used depends on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (lime juice can be used, also)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Working over a bowl, peel and section the oranges. Save any juice that collects in the bowl; it will be used to prepare a sauce for the fruit.
- 2Place the orange segments and sliced strawberries in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- 3In a saucepan, combine the juice from the oranges, honey, lemon.
- 4juice, and cardamom. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- 5Pour sauce over the orange-berry mixture. Gently toss to coat fruit with sauce.
- 6Chill or serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom-Orange-Berry Salad(Armenia)
Serving Size: 1 (1034 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 48.2 g
- Protein 4.4 g