Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple and refreshing fruit salad from Armenia. From The Armenian Kitchen.
Make and share this Cardamom-Orange-Berry Salad(Armenia) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 navel oranges (or whatever combination of oranges you like)
- 1 cup strawberry, washed, hulled and sliced (You can use your favorite berry in this)
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey (amount used depends on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (lime juice can be used, also)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Working over a bowl, peel and section the oranges. Save any juice that collects in the bowl; it will be used to prepare a sauce for the fruit.
- Place the orange segments and sliced strawberries in a serving bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the juice from the oranges, honey, lemon.
- juice, and cardamom. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Pour sauce over the orange-berry mixture. Gently toss to coat fruit with sauce.
- Chill or serve immediately.