1/2 Photos of Cardamom Ginger Crunch
Taken from SAVEUR .com and posted for ZWT. "SAVEUR kitchen assistant Victoria Ross makes these glazed shortbreads, which get their spicy kick from ground cardamom and ginger, for afternoon tea in her native New Zealand."
My Private Note
2 inch ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375°. Grease a 9" x 13" baking dish; set aside.
- 2Put 18 tablespoons butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat with a handheld mixer on medium until fluffy.
- 3Add flour, 3 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoons ground cardamom, baking powder, and 1 teaspoons salt; mix until incorporated but still crumbly.
- 4Transfer mixture to reserved dish; press flat with your hands.
- 5Bake until shortbread is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 6In a 1-qt. saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining butter, ginger, cardamom, and salt and the confectioners' sugar and syrup.
- 7Bring to a boil and pour over shortbread; cool.
- 8Cut into 2" rectangles.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Ginger Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 90.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g