Recipe by JustJanS
A simple chicken curry.
Top Review by Bergy
I cut the recipe in half and it was still perfect - This is a recipe that for ease and taste I rate way above a 5 star. I used a no fat yogurt. The blend of those spices with the yogurt is super! Can you improve on the recipe? Only if you cook it for me Jan! Thanks for this special super recipe.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 600 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 150 ml natural yoghurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil, and lightly fry all but a pinch of the cardamom powder.
- Add the chicken and salt and stir until the meat is seared on all sides.
- Add the spices and tomato puree and mix well.
- Mix the yoghurt with 150ml water, mix and stir into the chicken, Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Serve hot over rice with the remaining pinch of cardamom powder sprinkled over.