Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Gourment Indian in Minutes
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 lb chicken, boneless and cubed
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- Heat oil and lightly fry all but a pinch of ground cardamom.
- Add chicken and salt, stir until meat is sealed on all sides.
- Stir in spices and tomato paste and mix well.
- Pour in yogurt and 2/3 cup water.
- Bring to boil, reduce to low heat and cook until chicken is tender.
- Serve hot with rice, sprinkled with reserved cardamom.