Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Recipe source: WW magazine. These are 4 points plus/each
Make and share this Cardamom Custards (Ww) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk (non-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup preserves, for topping (low sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 6 custard cups or ramekins with Pam.
- In a saucepan mix together the milk, dry milk and sugar over medium high heat; cook stirring until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved (3-5 minutes).
- Meanwhile whisk together the eggs in a bowl.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in eggs, vanilla and the cardamom.
- Divide custard mixture among custard cups which are put in a roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean. Transfer custard cups to a wire rack and cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve custards topped with preserves.
WOW! I have been making the nutmeg version of this recipe for some time now, and had never thought of using cardamom. We love cardamom and this did not disappoint. I might even add more cardamom next time. I skipped the preserve topping and used a dollop of not-fat whipped topping. Thanks for this keeper.
As a traditional dessert I would give these 4 stars but considering that it is a WW recipe I think it delivers more than expected. Certainly didn't miss the extra cream! My first impression was that they needed to be sweeter but hubby said they would be too rich if sweeter. I made a berry sauce with fresh raspberries and added a drizzle of chocolate sauce and served to my family for Valentine's Day. I was greedy so poured into four servings instead of six but I think six would have made plenty per serving so will do that next time. I was concerned when I tasted it pre-cooking that the powdered milk flavor was going to come thru but after cooking it was gone. Made for "I Recommend" tag game. (Mikekey's reviews)