Recipe by ellie_
Recipe source: WW magazine. These are 4 points plus/each
Top Review by Outta Here
WOW! I have been making the nutmeg version of this recipe for some time now, and had never thought of using cardamom. We love cardamom and this did not disappoint. I might even add more cardamom next time. I skipped the preserve topping and used a dollop of not-fat whipped topping. Thanks for this keeper.
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup dry milk (non-fat)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 cup preserves, for topping (low sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 6 custard cups or ramekins with Pam.
- In a saucepan mix together the milk, dry milk and sugar over medium high heat; cook stirring until mixture boils and sugar is dissolved (3-5 minutes).
- Meanwhile whisk together the eggs in a bowl.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually whisk in eggs, vanilla and the cardamom.
- Divide custard mixture among custard cups which are put in a roasting pan. Pour hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the custard cups. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until knife inserted in center of custard comes out clean. Transfer custard cups to a wire rack and cool to room temperature and then chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve custards topped with preserves.