Recipe by Annacia
Evaporated fat-free milk makes this Cardamom Cranberry Rice Pudding taste rich and creamy without added fat.
Top Review by Redsie
Enjoyed this without feeling too guilty as it was not too sweet and had basically no fat!! Only problem... says 4 servings... made 2!! ;) Loved the cardamom in this! Used basmati rice. Will be making this again!! Thanks Annacia! :)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 dash salt
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk (3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries, see note*
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- ground cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, stir together the water, uncooked rice, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir evaporated milk, honey, and the 1/4 teaspoon cardamom into cooked rice. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Just before serving, stir in cranberries and, if desired, pecans. If desired, sprinkle warm pudding with additional cardamom and serve with yogurt. Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings.
- Tip: For softer cranberries, place dried cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well before stirring into rice pudding.