1/2 Photos of Cardamom Cranberry Rice Pudding
Evaporated fat-free milk makes this Cardamom Cranberry Rice Pudding taste rich and creamy without added fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 dash salt
- 0.5 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk (3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, see note*
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- ground cardamom (optional)
- 1/3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan, stir together the water, uncooked rice, and salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 2Stir evaporated milk, honey, and the 1/4 teaspoon cardamom into cooked rice. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- 3Just before serving, stir in cranberries and, if desired, pecans. If desired, sprinkle warm pudding with additional cardamom and serve with yogurt. Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings.
- 4Tip: For softer cranberries, place dried cranberries in a small bowl; cover with boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well before stirring into rice pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Cranberry Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.4
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 1.7 mg
- Sodium 91.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 5.7 g