Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my cousin's recipe although I have modified it slightly. She adds more sunflower seeds (a full cup) and 1 cup of soy nuts. I love it her way but I'm not a marathon runner and it had too many calories for my diet. :) She probably uses half the cranberries that I do.
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cardamom
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups honey
- 1 cup natural apple juice
- 4 tablespoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix honey, apple juice, vanilla, and canola oil. This must be done separately.
- Pour over dry ingedients and mix throughly.
- Put granola on 2 cookie sheets sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Place in oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours, turning every 15 minutes. This is the time when you decide how chunky your granola will be. I break mine apart as I turn.
- Cooking time will depend on how you like your granola. Take it out a little sooner if you like it soft, later if you like crunchier.
- Let cool and place in air tight container.
- Recipe is easily halved.