Recipe by Abby Girl
I modified this recipe to suite my needs and was thrilled that I could find something to help calm the stomach down. This would be perfect for the person who has problems with stomach cramping or that person who slightly indulged in that spicy meal!!!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I love spicy teas, and this is no disappointment. I used rooibos tea, didn't use the maple syrup because I don't like sweet tea, and didn't use the peppermint oil because I couldn't find it in the shops! I'll keep a look out though and would certainly try this another time, since I enjoy peppermint tea and think the combination would be super. Easily prepared, soothing, I very much enjoyed this tea. Thank you, Abby! Made for My 3 Chefs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 drop peppermint oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon tea leaves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm the teapot by rinsing it out with hot tap water. Place all the seeds in the warmed pot and cover with the boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes and allow to brew to cool. Strain and add maple syrup, if desired.
- Note: I have found the peppermint oil is very soothing on the stomach and leaves your breath nice and fresh. One drop of oil is sufficient -- two is overpowering!. It is important to use a brand of essential oil that can be ingested.