Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been submitted for play in ZWT8 - India. This recipe was found on Indian Food Forever. I love cardamom cookies and this recipe sounds pretty wonderful to me. I hope that you will also enjoy this treat. I'm sorry I have no idea how many cookies this recipe will make.
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 2 cups sugar, white
- 2 teaspoons cardamom, ground (Elaichi)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour, white (Maida)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f.
- In a bowl, beat the butter, sugar and ground cardomom for 3 minutes.
- Then with the beater going add the eggs one at a time.
- When the mixture is light and fluffy , add the flour and salt by hand, being gentle with the dough.
- When the soft dough is ready, drop the batter using a spoon onto a nonstick cookie sheet.
- Place them 1/2" apart.
- Bake these cookies in a preheated oven at 325 F for 10 - 11 minutes or till the cookies have a golden color.
- Repeat the baking procedure for the remaining dough.
This is a very easy and quick recipe to mix up. Mine took 15 mins to bake and they, very nicely, cured the cookie craving that I have had for a couple of days. They have a lovely flavor that I much enjoyed with a cuppa Earl Gray tea after lunch. I'm thinking that a pinch of nutmeg might not go amiss in here but they really don't need anything more. I made one change in swapping Splenda for the sugar. Thanks for another lovely treat BK. :D
Lovely spiced cookies! These baked up very light, almost like a tea cake, with a nice but not overpowering cardamom flavor. I made 1/4 of the recipe and got 24 small cookies. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!
These tasted lovely, but spread like crazy. The result was NOT pretty. Did you use self-rising flour? Maybe 2" apart and not 1/2"? I added some lime zest and a touch of lime juice ... Deee-licious.