Barb Gertz's Note:
We love the taste of cardamom. If you like cardamom you will like these cookies. The recipe comes from Sunset Magazine. Chill time is 1 hr not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar until smooth.
- 2add molasses and beat until well blended.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix flour, soda, cardamom, and cinnamon, Stir or beat into butter mixture until well blended.
- 4Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill until dough is firm, about 1 hour.
- 5Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- 6With lightly floured hands, roll into a rope about 2 1/2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick; bend rope into a horseshoe.
- 7Place cookies about 2 inches apart on parchment lined or buttered 12 x 15-inch baking sheets.
- 8Bake cookies in a 350° oven just until edges begin to brown, 7-9 minutes.
- 9Let cookies cool on pan 5 minutes, then use spatula to transfer to rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (642 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.8
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 63.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.7 g