1/4 Photos of Cardamom Cookies
This is an easy cookie recipe from Deborah Madison's, "Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone". The cookies are lovely on their own with that wonderful cardamom bite. I also used this recipe as a pie crust and filled it with homemade pear ice cream. The combination of cardamom and pear was spectacular. To use as a "pie crust", I just pressed chilled dough on the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie plate and then baked in a 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes. I let the crust cool completely before filling with the ice cream. Put the entire pie back in the freezer for a couple of hours to make sure ice cream hardened up again and then took out 20 minutes before slicing and serving. I then took the pie to an friend's for an India inspired pot luck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolk.
- 2Stir in the cardamom, salt, and flour.
- 3Divide the dough in two, roughly shape each piece into a log about 1 inch thick, then roll in plastic wrap or wax paper. Pull each log through you thumb and first finger to make it even and, if you prefer, longer and narrower.
- 4Refrigerate until firm or freeze until ready to use.
- 5Preheat oven to 375°F
- 6Cut the dough into 1/4-inch rounds or diagonals and set themon cookie sheets at least 1 inch apart.
- 7Bake until pale golden on top and lightly browned around the edges, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 8Cool. Serve plain or dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- 9Note: Time to Make does not include the time to chill the dough.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cardamom Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (406 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 52.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 11.3 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g