Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
After dinner treat. I haven't tried these yet but wanted to keep the recipe somewhere I would remember it was. The prep time does not include 5 minutes standing & 4 hours chilling time.
- 125 ml pouring cream (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 300 g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 50 g butter, at room temperature
- 30 ml bourbon whiskey
- 70 g cocoa powder (2/3 cup)
- Combine the cream, cardamom and chili powder in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the chocolate and the butter, and remove from heat.
- Set aside, stirring occasionally with a metal spoon, for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Add bourbon and use a metal spoon to stir until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into a small container (make sure the chocolate mixture is at least 3cm deep).
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Place the cocoa in a deep plastic container.
- Dip a melon baller or small metal spoon into boiling water and scoop out 1 ball from the chocolate mixture.
- Tap the truffle directly into the cocoa.
- Gently shake the container to evenly coat the truffle in cocoa.
- Transfer the truffle to a small paper.
- Repeat with the remaining chocolate mixture.
- Serve with coffee.