Prep 0 mins
Cook 8 mins
From the Good Friends' Cookbook. Very few ingredients but delicious. Use the best carrots you can find-organic preferably.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 teaspoons orange zest, freshly grated and finely minced
- 8 whole cardamom pods, shelled and seeds pounded in a pestle and mortar (or 1/2-1 tsp. ground cardamom)
- Steam carrots for 5 to 7 minutes or just until tender and still bright orange.
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat; add grated orange rind and cardamom and saute 1 minute.
- Toss carrots in butter mixture until heated through. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish and enjoy!
Very tasty. I love cardamom. I used sea salt and the rest. Served with Egyptian Style Stuffed Cabbage Leaves (Mashy Crump) with added extra lean ground beef and yogurt on the side. Wonderful meal.
Enjoyed the citrus notes in this side. A very easy side to make. I did make with organic carrots so no need to peel just wash and slice. Thanks!