Recipe by Annacia
An easy carrot side dish bursting with sweet and savory flavors, these cardamom carrots will make any dinner a special occasion. These carrots are tossed in a sweet butter sauce sweetened with cardamom and citrus, and served piping hot.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
Easy and quick to make! I lightly steamed the carrots then proceeded with the recipe. The orange zest was added after the carrots were transfered to a serving platter. The sauce was good on everything! Oooh, yum! Here's my menu so I don't forget for the next time: Recipe #14255, Recipe #329327, Recipe #75915. Reviewed for NA*ME Tag.
- 2 lbs carrots, julienned (or cut as you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Place carrots and salt in large saucepan and add enough water to just cover carrots.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Cover, and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In large skillet melt butter. Whisk in brown sugar, cardamom and orange peel.
- Cook, and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add carrots to skillet, toss to coat, and serve hot.