Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Don't know how old this recipe is. Another one that floated around my sister's office. Haven't tried it yet. Let me know how it worked for you.
- Sift flour with spices, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, cream the butter; gradually add the sugar and continue to cream umtil light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each.
- Stir the flour mixture into the creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream, blending well.
- Spoon into a greased 3-qt Bundt pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 1 hour or until done.
- Cool pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then turn cake out of pan and cool completely.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sifted confectioner's sugar.
I made a half recipe and while I love spice cake this one was a bit overpowering for my taste. It's very moist and easy to make. I might make it again and trim back all of the spice except for the cinnamon. Made for Pac, Spring 09.
What a delicious, exotic spice cake! I love cardamom so I knew this would be good! The spice combo turns out like chai tea flavor. The confectioner's sugar on top sweetens it just right. I halved the recipe because I don't have a bundt pan so I put the batter in a 2 qt, greased non-stick cake pan and it turned out great! Thanks for this delicious recipe!!
I loved this cake! It keeps it nice and simple, with the cardamom taking center stage but not overpowering. I loved how moist and fluffy it was! I made these into cupcakes, and they worked out wonderfully! THANK YOU !! for posting it.