Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fragrant and lovely. Adapted from All Recipes
Make and share this Cardamom Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins and the rum.
- Cook over medium heat until simmering, then remove from the heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, brown sugar, canola oil, and eggs with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cardamom; stir into the egg mixture with a spoon until well blended.
- Stir in the walnuts and the rum soaked raisins last.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
Great recipe! Something familiar yet different... didn't change a thing other than to double it, and I'm above 4,000 feet in Colorado. Thanks for sharing!!!
A real winner here! Great flavor and smells wonderful while baking. I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins, but otherwise made as written. A nice change from plain banana bread, and I love cardamom!
I love the cardamom against the flavor of the rum soaked raisins. I have made this twice now and it is excellent when I soak rum into the finished bread. Moist and easy. I make a large square and a loaf out of it. They are thinner.