Recipe by ellie_
These are so light and great with coffee or just as a snack. Recipe source The Finnish Cookbook
Top Review by Baby Kato
Lovely, lovely cookies ellie. I love cardamom and these do not disappoint. These spicy, tender melt in your mouth cookies had so much flavor. I dipped them in simple vanilla glaze so that my dh would try them. Glad I did, as he also really enjoyed them. Embarrassed to say they didn't last long. Can't wait to make these for my sis, she is going to love them also. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe. Made for Rookies Tag Game.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cardamom, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugar together until llight.
- Add egg, beating until thick. Stir in cream.
- In a seperate bowl sift together dry ingredients (flour - salt) and then add the cardamom to sifted ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until stiff dough forms.
- Chill dough.
- Shape chilled dough into balls (1 inch) and arrange on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.