These are so light and great with coffee or just as a snack. Recipe source The Finnish Cookbook
Make and share this Cardamom Balls recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugar together until llight.
- Add egg, beating until thick. Stir in cream.
- In a seperate bowl sift together dry ingredients (flour - salt) and then add the cardamom to sifted ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing until stiff dough forms.
- Chill dough.
- Shape chilled dough into balls (1 inch) and arrange on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Lovely, lovely cookies ellie. I love cardamom and these do not disappoint. These spicy, tender melt in your mouth cookies had so much flavor. I dipped them in simple vanilla glaze so that my dh would try them. Glad I did, as he also really enjoyed them. Embarrassed to say they didn't last long. Can't wait to make these for my sis, she is going to love them also. Thanks for sharing your wonderful recipe. Made for Rookies Tag Game.
I'm going to start in saying that I am a terrible baker. These were morish and decidedly better served warm, however I suspect the fact that I accidentally put ALL of my cream in rather than just the directed amount and the consequent desperate scramble to salvage the recipe is the reason this didn't look as amazing as the photos. My cooking time was a lot longer as well, I think due to this fact. So it would be unfair to rate you on my clumsyness and I wouldn't mind trying this again, as I'm sure that if I did this properly they would be amazing. Made for ZWT 9 for the Tasty Testers.
Made a batch of these delicious spicy cookies today -- very easy to make and bake off. I topped them off with a sprinkling of some super-fine sugar just as they came out of the oven. i'll defintely be saving this recipe for my Holiday baking. Made for ZWT9-Scandinavia, August, 2013.