Recipe by Rita~
I just adore cardamom! If you enjoy it like I do give this a try! Depending on how sweet your apples are adjust the sugar. Cinnamon can be replaced for the cardamom.
Top Review by CJAY
Great recipe! I only made half of it. I used granny smith and galas, less than 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, and the cardamom. I used a potato masher so there would be some chunks of apple. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT7-Switzerland.
- 2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in heavy medium saucepan. Cover, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until apples are very tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Transfer to food processor; puree. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).