Recipe by LAURIE
This sounds yummy and I cant wait to try it. Posted for the Zaar World tour to France, courtesy of Rachel Ray $40 Dollars a Day to Paris.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 quarts red wine
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces bacon, chopped small
- boiled potato, for serving
- crouton, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan on medium high heat, melt butter.
- Add garlic and pork and brown on all sides.
- Add onion and cook until softened.
- Sprinkle the flour over and stir to cook for about 1 minute.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, rosemary, cumin, tarragon and bay leaves.
- Cover with wine and water.
- Simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- In skillet saute bacon til fat is rendered and bacon is golden.
- Drain bacon on paper towel lined plate.
- After pork has cooked 30 minutes, add bacon.
- Simmer 30 minutes more.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and croutons.