This is another recipe from the Favorite Lake City Recipes cookbook. The recipe was submitted by my mother, Mrs. Denver P. Petre, Bldg. 3. It is one of my childhood favorites. The meat is so tender it literally falls apart and the taste is wonderful! Served with mashed potatoes and some green beans or your favorite vegetable and you have one of my favorite "comfort meals." *You may use 1 1/2 cups water and 1 more beef bouillon cube instead of beer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1About 2 1/2 hours before serving: On board or waxed paper, sprinkle one side of meat with 2 or 3 tablespoons flour.
- 2Using meat mallet, pound flour into meat.
- 3Repeat on other side.
- 4In large skillet over medium heat, melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine and cook onions until golden.
- 5With a slotted spoon, place onions on paper towels.
- 6In the same skillet heat remaining 1/4 cup butter or margarine and brown meat well on both sides, a few pieces at a time, placing browned pieces with onions.
- 7Return onions and browned meat to skillet and add remaining ingredients.
- 8Cover and cook over low heat 1 to 1 1/2 hours until meat is fork-tender.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carbonnade of Beef
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 95.1 mg
- Sodium 805.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g